[Interview] Harald Guimarães about the new Iglo campaign
- 16 mrt 2016 @ 11:43
- 18424 x gelezen
- Redactie MarketingTribune
Harald Guimarães, Marketing Director of iglo Nederland. Since two years responsible for the brand Iglo. Last month Iglo started a remarkable campaign with the iconic captain in a leading role. A good reason for MarketingTribune to speak with him.
Hello Harald, how are you doing?
Hello, I am doing very well. Iglo has seen two years of growth in the Netherlands and is a great brand to work for, so I am enjoying this role a lot. It is also very versatile: from defining the most relevant innovations for the Dutch consumers (from Iglo Lekkerbekjes and Kibbeling to Roerbaksensatie meals) by creating impactful campaigns on TV and PR to establishing a brand channel on YouTube where we upload lots of relevant and funny content for our audience. We are the No 1 YouTube channel amongst all food brands in the Netherlands for instance; iglo-youtube channel.
Iglo started a remarkable brand activation for a new Captain Iglo, why this campaign?
We have not used our iconic captain for two years in advertising and have decided to bring him back to the audience now, as we are busy to announce the biggest innovation in Vissticks for a long time: iglo vissticks are now crispy from the oven, so can be prepared more convenient and healthy compared to pan preparation.
With the captain back in TV, we also want to bring him closer to our consumers – via having a Dutch captain who appears during many moments in the year at festivals, retail stores, and is also part of the YouTube activation campaign where he appears in an epic video showing captain iglo in action.
And did you found the new Captain Iglo?
Yes, we did. It has been a really tough choice, since we had many extremely enthusiastic applicants, from tattooed or singing sea bears to super engaged women and even a girl to more younger guys who were eager to modernize the image of this iconic figure. All their applications passionate and from the heart, and it was great fun to spend a day with them on the Abel Tasman in Amsterdam last week.
The new captain: Florian Dirkse! We uploaded three videos on our iglo-youtube channel. With our regular Iglo RealMenKitchen we announce the oven preparation of our Vissticks in a funny way and we make a referral to the making-off of the selection of the captain. In this making-off he announces himself and make a referral to a 3rd video where we see him in action.
You work with several agencies.Each agency has its own role, can you tell us shortly who you are working with?
We actually see great opportunities in using the versatility in the Dutch agency landscape with many highly creative, flexible and often much more economic agencies as for instance if we would use mainly UK based agencies. We pay a lot of attention to the digital side and are very happy how our strategy comes to life. Here we use Sue Amsterdam, Imagine People, Divimove, Brandfighters and Boondoggle.
Our Media agency is Havas Media, they cover all kinds of media booking, from TV to Online. The Creative agency for TV is Havas Boondoggle. And we also work directly with TV stations like Branddeli to create branded content.
On PR we work with 2Twintig, as they are experienced in FMCG, especially in food and have a very good understanding how effective PR works not only tradionally but also in the digital/social area.
Tell us the latest news
I think this is already answered above, but we are working on something very exciting which I unfortunately can not tell you yet. More about this later this year.
- AlgemeenNieuws Thema's NIMA Marketing Day 2018 deze...Nieuws Welke kansen biedt Brexit de...Nieuws Hoe komen energieleveranciers aan...Nieuws Frédérique ter Brugge (managing...Magazine Er is nog een wereld te winnenMagazine Offline en online de grootste
- Business-to-BusinessNieuws Frans Reichardt nieuwe voorzitter PvkONieuws Nieuw hoofdkantoor Vacanceselect en...Nieuws Windesheim en NIMA gaan samenwerkenNieuws Doe de Nationale MQ TestNieuws Start-up Bready hangt dagelijks vers...Nieuws OppoSuits: licentiedeal met Disney...
- BureausNieuws L'Oréal houdt media-pitch in BeneluxNieuws Levensechte bioscoopreclameNieuws Larissa Clemens verruilt Talpa...Weblog [Column] Dolly van den Akker: Van...Nieuws [Interview] Monique Kemperman over...Nieuws Amnesty International viert 70-jarig...
- ContentmarketingWeblog Wanneer is content succesvol?Nieuws Voicebooking.com komt met online...Weblog Passi. Onvolwassen jongerenplatform...Weblog De 5 succesfactoren van...Weblog Dé trends in videomarketing in 2018Nieuws Rabobank en Top Notch werken samen...
- DesignNieuws Pentawards Conference komt naar...Nieuws Nieuwe website voor Stedelijk door...Nieuws Win een rugzak om sneller te kunnen...Nieuws deadline 31 december Designbureau...Nieuws marketingscience Prototyping als...Nieuws 178 ontwikkelt visuele identiteit...
- Food en RetailWeblog [FIM] Foodtrend 1: The End of Good...Weblog De kracht van kerstgeurenNieuws [interview Ondernemer 119] Antonie...Nieuws Hudson overweegt verkoop Europese...Nieuws Seed Valley: 'In deze sector draait...Weblog Retail staat op zijn kop... maar...
- MediaNieuws [Interview] Erik Roddenhof: 'We...Nieuws Hilmar Mulder over succes van...Nieuws [Interview] Guy Grimmelt en Eric...Nieuws [Interview] Marlene Wickel: Bioscoop...Nieuws Mercurs 2017: alle winnaarsNieuws Mercurs 2017: Libelle, Quest,...
- Online MarketingNieuws Coolblue opent zijn grootste winkel...Nieuws Lesara pioniert in agile retailNieuws Snapchat introduceert het Lens...Nieuws Dé trends in digital advertising...Nieuws VleksScan maakt eigen webshop en...Nieuws KLM helpt je inpakken met...
- SponsoringNieuws KLM blijft tot 2020 titelsponsor KLM...Nieuws Sponsortrend: eSports is sleutel...Nieuws Dance4Life verdient ruim half...Nieuws Léon Boele verruilt Team Roompot...Nieuws Tuitert en VanVelzen hosten Holland...Nieuws Richard Denton nieuwe sponsormanager...
- Mis niets! Schrijf je nu in voor de nieuwsbrief.
Word abonnee en ontvang:
- ✔ 22 keer per jaar MarketingTribune Magazine
- ✔ Korting tot wel €100,- op events
- ✔ Gratis tablet versie
- Gastheer / gastvrouw musea (Amsterdam)
- Gastheer / gastvrouw musea (Utrecht)
- Senior Communicatieadviseur (Den Haag)
- Product Manager (Hedel)
- Administratief medewerker events bij...
- Marketing & Communications Manager...
- Web Analist/Business Intelligence...
- Strategisch Online Marketeer (Den...
- Marketeer Jongeren en Diversiteit...
- Productmanager (Leeuwarden)
SCHAAL+ werft, selecteert, ontwikkelt en begeleidt jong digitaal talent
Alles over influencer marketing en duurzaam merkvertrouwen